since 03/2019: Assistant Professor (Akademischer Rat auf Zeit), Department of Slavic Studies, University of Bamberg, Germany
09/2016 – 02/2019: Assistant Professor (Universitätsassistent), Department of Slavic Studies, University of Innsbruck, Austria
03/2016 – 09/2016: Research Coordinator, German Research Foundation research training group 1624 "Frequency effects in language", University of Freiburg, Germany
10/2013 – 08/2016: Research and Teaching Associate, Department of German Studies, University of Freiburg, Germany
08/2003 – 07/2005: Research and Teaching Associate, Department of Linguistics and Intercultural Communication, Ryazan State University, Russia
Doctor of philosophy (summa cum laude) in Linguistics, University of Freiburg, Germany (01/2016)
Dissertation: Explaning Russian-German code-mixing: A usage-based approach
Supervision: Prof. Dr. Peter Auer, Prof. Dr. Juliane Besters-Dilger
Magister Artium degree (excellent) in English and German Studies, University of Hanover, Germany (11/2009)
Diploma degree (with honours) in English and German Philology, Ryazan State University, Russia (06/2003)
- 2019. German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) research grant for carrying out the project "The syllable structure of the Old Novgorod dialect" at the Institute of Slavic Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciencies, Moscow (5 months). Mentorship D.Sc. Sergey L. Nikolaev.
- 2018. Young researcher support program grant of the University of Innsbruck (Nachwuchsförderungsprogramm 2018): "Bilingual speech across three generations of speakers in the diaspora: Bosnian/ Croatian/Serbian-German code-mixing in Western Austria" (6 months)
- 2015. German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) research travel grant
- 2014. University of Freiburg International Graduate Academy (IGA) research travel grant
- 2010. Doctoral grant (32 months), German Research Foundation (DFG) research training group 1624 “Frequency effects in language”, University of Freiburg
- 2010. University of Freiburg International Graduate Academy (IGA) start-up doctoral grant (4 months)
- 2009. German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) student travel grant
- 2021. Usage-based contact linguistics: Effects of frequency and similarity in language contact. A special issue of the Journal of Language Contact 13 (with Ad Backus)
- 2021. From language mixing to fused lects: The process and its outcomes. A special issue of The International Journal of Bilingualism (with Peter Auer)
- Applied Linguistics Review
- Bakhtiniana. Revista de estudos do discurso
- Constructions and Frames
- Linguistic Approaches to Bilingualism
- Taal en Tongval
- The International Journal of Bilingualism
- Cambridge University Press
- De Gruyter
- John Benjamins
- Language Sciences Press
Organization of symposia
- From language mixing to fused lects, colloquium at Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies – FRIAS (with Peter Auer), January 25th – 27th, 2017.
- Usage-based Contact Linguistics: The lexicon-grammar continuum in codeswitching and contact-induced change, refereed colloquium at ISB 10, New Brunswick, NJ (with Ad Backus), May 20th, 2015.
- BeST 2018, counseling at the faculty booth, 05.12.2018.
- Tiroler Hochschultag 2017, lecture Добро пожаловать! Dobro došli! Добро дошли! Witamy! – Studieren an der Innsbrucker Slawistik (with Sonia Bacher & Miriam Finkelstein), 19.10.2017.