- since 03/2019: Assistant Professor (Akademischer Rat auf Zeit), Department of Slavic Studies, University of Bamberg, Germany
- 09/2016 – 02/2019: Assistant Professor (Universitätsassistent), Department of Slavic Studies, University of Innsbruck, Austria
- 03/2016 – 09/2016: Research Coordinator, German Research Foundation research training group 1624 "Frequency effects in language", University of Freiburg, Germany
- 10/2013 – 08/2016: Research and Teaching Associate, Department of German Studies, University of Freiburg, Germany
- 08/2003 – 07/2005: Research and Teaching Associate, Department of Linguistics and Intercultural Communication, Ryazan State University, Russia
Research stays and language studies abroad
- 2022: Jesień z Językiem Polskim (Level B1). Szkoła języka i kultury polskiej. Instytut glottodydaktyki polonistycznej. Wydział Polonistyki Uniwersytetu Jagiellońskiego w Krakowie.
- 2020: Research stay at the Institute of Slavic Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciencies, Moscow (online). Host D.Sc. Sergey L. Nikolaev (5 months).
- 2018: Research stay at the Institute of Croatian Language and Linguistics, Zagreb. Department of dialectology / Odjel za dijalektologiju. Host Dr. Sc. Anita Celinić (two weeks).
- 2017: Mala jesenska škola hrvatskogo jezika i kulture (Level B2). Croaticum. Odsjek za kroatistiku Filozofskog fakulteta Sveučilišta u Zagrebu.
- Doctor of philosophy (summa cum laude) in Linguistics, University of Freiburg, Germany (01/2016) | Dissertation: Explaning Russian-German code-mixing: A usage-based approach | Supervision: Prof. Dr. Peter Auer, Prof. Dr. Juliane Besters-Dilger
- Magister Artium degree (excellent) in English and German Studies, University of Hanover, Germany (11/2009)
- Diploma degree (with honours) in English and German Philology, Ryazan State University, Russia (06/2003)
- 2022-2023. University of Bamberg Internal Project Funding (FNK) grant: "Variable syllable structure: An experimental study of Croatian and Russian".
- 2019. German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) research project grant "The syllable structure of the Old Novgorod dialect". The Institute of Slavic Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciencies, Moscow. Host D.Sc. Sergey L. Nikolaev (5 months).
- 2018. Young researcher support program grant of the University of Innsbruck (Nachwuchsförderungsprogramm 2018): "Bilingual speech across three generations of speakers in the diaspora: Bosnian/ Croatian/Serbian-German code-mixing in Western Austria" (6 months)
- 2015. German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) research travel grant
- 2014. University of Freiburg International Graduate Academy (IGA) research travel grant
- 2010. Doctoral grant (32 months), German Research Foundation (DFG) research training group 1624 “Frequency effects in language”, University of Freiburg
- 2010. University of Freiburg International Graduate Academy (IGA) start-up doctoral grant (4 months)
- 2009. German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) student travel grant
Organization of symposia / panels
- Advancing the typology of language mixing, young-researcher colloquium at the Villa Vigoni (with Eugenio Goria), sponsored by the Deutsche Forschungsgesellscaft (DFG), April 2024.
- From language mixing to fused lects, colloquium at Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies – FRIAS (with Peter Auer), January 25th – 27th, 2017.
- Usage-based Contact Linguistics: The lexicon-grammar continuum in codeswitching and contact-induced change, refereed panel at ISB 10, New Brunswick, NJ (with Ad Backus), May 20th, 2015.